ChemQuiz.net provides you with scientifically accurate practice quizzes for most of the topics found in a high school or introductory college Chemistry course. You can practice a topic until you answer enough questions correctly and feel confident that you understand the material. Studying for chemistry has never been easier!
As soon as you submit a quiz, ChemQuiz.net automatically grades your answers and provides you with the correct answers if you happened to miss any. Any problems involving math include solution setups that show you how to calculate the correct answer.
With dynamically generated values, you can generate a nearly infinite supply of practice problems using the hundreds of chemical equations and thousands of chemical compounds stored in the ChemQuiz.net database. For example, the Organic Nomenclature Quiz generates its questions from a list of over 11,000 real organic compounds!
The quizzes on ChemQuiz.net were developed by a high school science teacher with 25 years of experience in public schools and improved with feedback from students and teachers all over the world. You won’t find “AI hallucinations” in these chemistry quizzes because they were all written and fact-checked by a human.
Track student progress
If you’re a Chemistry teacher, you can assign quizzes with your preferred settings and then track your students’ progress using the ChemQuiz.net Dashboard. Use the Dashboard to practice before a test, as formative or summative assessment, or to collect data for evidence of learning. This past school year, over 9,000 students from 118 different schools around the world completed over 150,000 assignments through the Dashboard. Click here for more information on the ChemQuiz.net Dashboard!
No distracting ads or pop-ups
ChemQuiz.net remains ad-free thanks to the teachers and schools who have purchased site licenses for the ChemQuiz.net Dashboard. This means that students can focus on chemistry, not distracting ads or annoying pop-ups.
Since the site launched in the summer of 2020, ChemQuiz.net has been constantly improving, with 27 new quizzes added to the original 10 quizzes over the past three years along with new Dashboard features, faster web hosting and lots of bug fixes. More quizzes and new features are regularly added to meet the needs of Chemistry students and teachers all over the world!
Schools that use ChemQuiz.net
These schools are among those who use ChemQuiz.net practice quizzes in their classes:
- Abbotsford Senior Secondary School – Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Applied Technology Center – Montebello, CA
- Archbishop Hoban High School – Akron, OH
- Binghamton High School – Binghamton, NY
- Blacksburg High School – Blacksburg, VA
- Brentwood School – Los Angeles, CA
- Brillion High School – Brillion, WI
- Buena Vista Schools – Imperial, TX
- C.H. Yoe High School – Cameron, TX
- Caddo Parish Magnet High School – Shreveport, LA
- Captain Shreve High School – Shreveport, LA
- Chalmette High School – Chalmette, LA
- Chavez High School – Houston, TX
- Cumberland Valley High School – Mechanicsburg, PA
- Hardin Valley Academy – Knoxville, TN
- Heyworth High School – Heyworth, IL
- Institute of Applied Technology – Abudhabi, MBZ, United Arab Emirates
- Iola HS – Iola, TX
- James River High School – Midlothian, VA
- L'Amoreaux Collegiate – Scarborough, ON, Canada
- Lamar High School – Lamar, SC
- Marian High School – Omaha, NE
- Marion Senior High School – Marion, VA
- Maumee High School – Maumee, OH
- Mira Mesa High School – San Diego, CA
- Oak Ridge High School – Conroe, TX
- Oliver Ames High School – North Easton, Massachusetts
- Ozark Adventist Academy – Gentry, AR
- Pecos High School – Pecos , TX
- Pittsburgh CAPA – Pittsburgh, PA
- Powdersville High School – Powdersville, SC
- Sage Ridge School – Reno, NV
- Scotts Hill High School – Reagan, TN
- Shaler Area High School – Pittsburgh, PA
- Spring Creek High School – Seven Springs, NC
- Struthers High School – Struthers, OH
- Texas High School – Texarkana, TX
Hello! My name is Chris Carman, and I’m a science teacher at Theodore Roosevelt High School in Kent, Ohio. I created ChemQuiz.net in June 2020 based on teacher demand for my interactive chemistry quizzes on my teacher blog that I began writing in 2010 for my CP Chemistry students at RHS. After 16 years of teaching Chemistry, I switched in 2014 to AP Physics 2 and Environmental Science, but I kept getting emails about my chemistry quizzes, so for the next few years I wrote some new ones and added some features as a side hobby.
In March 2020, because of the Covid-19 pandemic, schools across North America suddenly shut down, leaving science teachers like me in a lurch. I was contacted by several Chemistry teachers in that first week about ideas for using my interactive quizzes with remote/distance learning, and with the likelihood that schools would be forced to incorporate more distance learning in the fall, I realized that there would be an increased demand for chemistry practice material and classroom management features. After some brainstorming with my colleagues, ChemQuiz.net was born!
My goal is to provide high school and introductory college Chemistry teachers and their students with high-quality and scientifically accurate practice quizzes that are straightforward to take and help students develop the fundamental skills necessary to be successful in any Chemistry class or program. If you have any questions about the ChemQuiz.net Dashboard learning management system (LMS), or if you have any suggestions for improving the quizzes, please use the Contact form. Thanks!
Graphics by Rain Carman