Hello! My name is Chris Carman, and I’m a science teacher at Theodore Roosevelt High School in Kent, Ohio. I created ChemQuiz.net in June 2020 based on teacher demand for my interactive chemistry quizzes on my teacher blog that I began writing in 2010 for my CP Chemistry students at RHS. After 16 years of teaching Chemistry, I switched in 2014 to AP Physics 2 and Environmental Science, but I kept getting emails about my chemistry quizzes, so for the next few years I wrote some new ones and added some features as a side hobby.
In March 2020, because of the Covid-19 pandemic, schools across North America suddenly shut down, leaving science teachers like me in a lurch. I was contacted by several Chemistry teachers in that first week about ideas for using my interactive quizzes with remote/distance learning, and with the likelihood that schools would be forced to incorporate more distance learning in the fall, I realized that there would be an increased demand for Chemistry practice material and classroom management features. After some brainstorming with my colleagues at RHS, ChemQuiz.net was born!
These schools are among those who have signed up to use the ChemQuiz.net practice quizzes in their classes:
- Abbotsford Senior Secondary School – Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Archbishop Hoban High School – Akron, OH
- Binghamton High School – Binghamton, NY
- Blacksburg High School – Blacksburg , VA
- Brillion High School – Brillion, WI
- Captain Shreve High School – Shreveport, LA
- Cumberland Valley High School – Mechanicsburg, PA
- James River High School – Midlothian, VA
- Lamar High School – Lamar, SC
- Marian High School – Omaha, NE
- Marion Senior High School – Marion, VA
- Maumee High School – Maumee, OH
- Ozark Adventist Academy – Gentry, AR
- Sage Ridge School – Reno, NV
- Scotts Hill High School – Reagan, Tennessee, USA
- Shaler Area High School – Pittsburgh, PA
- Spring Creek High School – Seven Springs, NC
- Struthers High School – Struthers, OHIO
- Texas High School – Texarkana, TX
My goal is to provide high school and introductory college Chemistry teachers and their students with high-quality and scientifically accurate practice quizzes that are straightforward to take and help students develop the fundamental skills necessary to be successful in any Chemistry class or program. If you have any questions about the ChemQuiz.net Dashboard learning management system (LMS), or if you have any suggestions for improving the quizzes, please use the Contact form. Thanks!
Graphics by Rain Carman